Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Spring Break 2011...

Hello all,

Well folks it's Spring Break 2011!  This time last year, I was somewhere in the Gulf of Mexico sailing in route to Belize, Honduras, and Cozymel...Not this year...

So much has changed in the course of the last 365 days with me and some of my closest friends.  I don't think any of us would have imagined what God had in store for us during this time. There were a group of about 20 of us who set sail last Spring Break.  In the group we now have a new mommy and a wifey-to-be this summer.  I look back at the changes and it makes me happy and sad at the same time...We all seem to be "growing" up, but I don't wanna grow up yet!   But all in all, I am very happy for my friends and wish them all the success and happiness that life has in store for them...

Anyway, enough reminiscing about last year's Spring Break adventures and on to the weight loss mission. Because it's Spring Break and I'm obviously not traveling this year, I've tried to keep busy with various activities.  Yesterday, myself and a few friends met up to play tennis.  I have always wanted to learn tennis, so this created an opportunity for me to do so with a group with the same playing ability as myself.  We were pretty much just trying to keep a volley, excuse me, rally going the whole time not paying any particular attention to where the ball was landing or worrying about whether or not we were doing it correctly.  Fortunately, Coach Florie set us all straight, once he completed his beauty sleep :).  I really enjoyed it, and I'm looking forward to getting out on the court again.  So if any of you are interested - look me up!  Venus and Serena ain't got nothin' on me!  (insert laughter here).

Today, I ventured up to the local track and field, to get my Marion Jones on (minus the performance enhancers and steroids).  I did 10 laps around the track, mixing it up with a walk and run each lap.  I'm noticing that I'm able to run for longer distances without needing an oxygen tank afterwards.  So I guess, I am making progress.  After that, I headed to do a quick Zumba fitness class.  I took the opportunity to get a booty-shaking workout (minus the granddad looking old men drooling at the window).  

I figured I might as well be as active as I can this week while being out for Spring Break.  Because my schedule will be crazy with testing in the upcoming weeks...I truly despise this time of year.  So I'm asking that all my friends, family, and co-workers excuse my behavior over the next 4-6 weeks.  Don't take it personal, it comes with the job of being the campus test coordinator of the United Nations in DISD.
  
Until next time!

~Smooches~
Kirsten

P.S. Yes, my hair was short last week!  This week it is not!  Don't judge, but its difficult to maintain a short hair style and workout! #teamweaveinfullaffect LOL!




1 comment:

  1. I love this! I'm on the same mission and I plan to go buy a treadmill tonight to stay on track. By Sunday I will have logged 18 miles of run/walking since spring break started. I have to keep it going...no excuses!

    ReplyDelete