Monday, March 21, 2011

25 pounds & Insanity...

Good news!  I'm down another 2 pounds this week, bringing my overall weight loss at 25 pounds!  Anyway, about my slim down journey.  I mentioned in my last blog that I played tennis.  I hit up a couple of Zumba classes at the gym and did quite a bit of walking/running at the high school track near where I live. 

So I have a funny story about going to the track for my exercise.  Saturday morning I woke up around 8:30 so I walked up to the track, thinking that would add to my Weight Watchers activity points (I really wanted Pinkberry, but didn't want any major setbacks on my plan) so that was my motivation...I jogged around the track for about a lap and a half, when this old guy walks up.  He had to be at least 75-80 years old.  As I was lapping around, he was doing a few stretches.  So no biggie, I kept walking.  Next thing I know, old dude darts passed me like a bullet.  He looked like Michael Johnson/Carl (whatever his name is). 

I'm thinking, I should be able to keep up with this old guy...He won't keep this pace up very long...Psssh.  Before I knew it, I had run around that track damn near 3 times trying to keep up with him.  I thought I was about to die! He must have known that I was using him as my temporary motivation, because I caught him looking back a few times.  I think he ran faster each time just for a laugh. That's what I get!  I won't pull that mess again.  Next time, I'll let the next senior citizen out perform me on the track...

Anywho, I decided to cancel my gym membership and just use some of the free stuff around my place and the neighborhood.  Since the weather has been so nice, I figured I might as well continue my exercise regimen and save a few dollars in the process.  Since I'm already paid up for the next month, I decided to get my money's worth.  I've gone more in the last 10 days, than I have in the 6 months I've had the membership... This evening I did a kickboxing class.  It wasn't too bad, more aerobics than anything...

Last night, I was channel surfing and ran across one of many paid advertising channels courtesy of DirecTV and saw the Insanity Infomercial.  I was really watching the finess that is Shaun T.  I strongly considered ordering the program.  I have not a shot in hell at completing any of those workouts, but I figure I would enjoy watching him :) We'll see...I might get it, but probably not.  I think I can just workout with the Infomercial and do more high impact exercising in 15 minutes than I would an hour at the gym.  That program is crazy.  If I can get through one, one-armed push up I'll consider it progress. The idea of earning an "Insanity" t-shirt is rewarding...I debated to just google it and see if anyone was selling one on eBay, but I figured that would be cheating...

Thats all folks...until next time!

~smooches~

1 comment:

  1. 25 pounds is AWESOME!!! Please please please help to keep me motivated. At least I got down another two pounds :o). Not much but better. I think that this week will be better for me. To think, I started this off and you just soared. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete