Thursday, February 24, 2011

Mediocre week dieting...

Hello all,

It's been a minute since I last posted on my weight loss journey...I've been so consumed with work issues, that I haven't taken the time to share my thoughts with the world.  There's quite a bit going on, especially on the work front...Testing is fastly approaching and my stress levels are rising day by day.  Lately, I been so busy "training" for testing, preparing tests, that I'm starting to think about this foolishness in my sleep.  I haven't been eating as healthy as I should be either...well kind of.

Yesterday, we celebrated the birthday of our fabulous office everything, Michelle.  Santa cooked turkey burgers and everyone else pitched in on the sides.  We typically, throw down in the "224" birthday celebrations.  I mean we throw down!  In the past we chowed down on fried chicken from Popeye's, Wing Stop, Cristian's Mom's homemade Mexican food, jambalaya, pizza hut pizza and pasta, this list just goes on...I can probably blame about 15 pounds on the 224 b-day celebrations...But this time we all went the healthy route.  I slowly gained an acquired taste for turkey burgers in the past few months since joining the WW program. Some of the folks who tried turkey burgers for the first time became converts as well.  Santa threw down on those burgers, too! They were really good and seasoned to perfection.  I like the idea of eating healthy food without sacrificing flavor.

I think its good to have a support system around to help achieve your weight loss goals.  There are a couple of us in the office on the weight watchers program, so it helps keeping all of us accountable to the program.  In fact, yesterday morning, I stopped at McDonald's for a cup of coffee because I actually had a few minutes to kill.  And I ended up buying a sausage biscuit too.  I felt a little guilty even taking it in the school because I knew one of the Weight Watcher's police would have something to smart to say.  I'm not even sure if anyone noticed the bag.  I did kinda hide it in my briefcase until I got to my office. 

I was presenting to the staff all day in the media center, so I took it with me, hoping to get a few minutes to actually eat.  Unfortunately, I never did.  I had to present back to back from 2nd to 6th period (in non-school terms that from 9:15 to 2:00).  I end up throwing it out because it had sat out all day.  I guess I didn't need it after all. 

So today was our African-American History Month Program.  I wanted to dress up because I was on the committee for like 5 minutes...I put on this black dress that I've had for several years and several sizes ago.  But it still looks fairly modern for the times.  I know you're thinking I was probably rocking a dress from the 80s or something, but no, it wasn't that long ago.  I'd say maybe 7-8 years or so. Anyway, I put it on this morning hoping it would fit.  When I looked in the mirror, it didn't scream take it off! take it off!" So I assumed it was ok.  Well I guess it was, because I received quite a few compliments about it.  So you know that always makes a woman smile. Smiling even though my feet were killing me...I had a pair of flats in my office, but I was trying to be cute...So I strutted up and down those halls like nothing was wrong.  You can bet, I'm paying for it now...

Tomorrow we will celebrate with homestyle, southern cooking from Black Eye Pea restaurant.  I know its not very soulful, but hey they are approved district vendors that were friendly when called for a price check :)...So I will be cutting into my weekly allowance points on the program..but it's ok, because I budgeted for it! I got 40 weekly bonus points I haven't touched yet...

Well that's all for now...I will try to do better on posting my random thoughts on a more frequent basis-especially about the weight loss journey...


~toodles~

No comments:

Post a Comment